Pages

20 August, 2008

Good News!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have no idea how relieved I am (unless you have a little one, and then you probably do lol). The dr called earlier and said that her lead levels are normal!

-

If you haven't already seen it, I finished the dinner party post (right under this)... kinda rushed at the end & I probably would change a few things if I was still working on it, but oh well. I'm loving the 'dishes' brought so far.. definately making me hungry lol.

-

I can't remember which morning it was.. .but I think it was Sunday (could have been Monday) I was attacked by my daughter. I'm not sure how well the pictures came out, but I'm going to try and show you proof... (you can see it but not as clearly as in person... is pretty dark)


This was taken today... several days later. It hasn't gotten better at all. What happened? She was holding her little phone rattle (hard plastic obviously) and smacked me in the face w/ it.

-

I'm not coughing all day anymore... but now I feel like something is stuck in my throat... like I swallowed a marble and it's stuck... and of course it still hurts some. I'm getting really frusterated by it... I feel better, it should be completely gone by now.

-

I got to babysit Kalila's future husband (lol - according to her Baba & his Gido anyway) on Monday... we had a blast... She even gave him a kiss on the cheek at one point. I wish I'd gotten a picture of it. I did manage to get some on my phone afterwards, but I'm not posting those w/out talking to his parents. So you 'may' get to see some cute pictures of them playing at some point.

-

I also went to a baby shower on Sunday... was a lot of fun too. I'm glad I got to go. Kalila tried to feed a little boy a carrot and talked to everyone.

-

Last week at some point we got this shot of Kalila... as you can see her hair is growing! I thought this was adorable though...


-

Here's another pic... taken today. Stuffing her face of course... with beef and broccoli this time.


-

I have got to get things together w/ bday plans... unfortunately a big part of that is the guest list and her Baba is dragging out doing that just like he has w/ everything else we've needed to make a list of people for. I'm both looking forward to it and dreading it at the same time. For one thing, I have some cute (and simple) ideas... but we want a small party and I have no idea how that will work w our family lol. Plus there's the whole issue of she shouldn't be turning one yet!!!!

-

I really need to get it together w/ the video thing... Kalila's started doing a bear crawl.. you know, w/ her little butt up in the air. It's adorable! Half the time she ends up standing at teh end of it, but still.. I have no idea how long it'll last and I want a video!

-

Well... I prob should get dinner started.. I think I've caught about everything (well, most of everything) going on lately.

7 comments:

Steph said...

Yay! I'm so glad that she's ok! :D That's an answer to prayers!

Christy said...

Thank goodness she didn't have lead poisoning! I bet you were so anxious to get the result back.

I love the picture of you two. So sweet. And the look on her face is priceless!

Mama Kalila said...

Thanks! I'm still all giddy about that lol.

The look on her face is great, but I love hte spiked out hair best!

Mike said...

You seem like a great Mom! Keep rocking...sounds like things have been a little tough of late but you are still rolling!

Mike said...

You seem like a great Mom! Keep rocking...sounds like things have been a little tough of late but you are still rolling!

Mike said...

You seem like a great Mom! Keep rocking...sounds like things have been a little tough of late but you are still rolling!

Mama Kalila said...

Thanks... They have been, but I shouldn't complain - it could be worse and we have a lot of great things going for us too.