Pages

31 July, 2008

Revisiting Fruit

I absolutely love fruit... and so does Kalila. So it makes me a little sad that I have to do this... but we're cutting back/backing off on a good number of fruits that have been introduced.

Bananas and avocado are still good... and grapes... and oddly enough mango's.

But apples give her a really red rash... so do pears... Peaches did when I cooked them (but fresh ones last weekend didn't - so I'm confused about that). Blueberries are the worst. They almost make her bleed.

Like I said, it makes me feel bad because Kalila loves apples and esp the blueberries. She gobbles them up and begs for more. But the last time she ate them she was a little runny... and the rash was awful. I felt so bad for her. Thankfully we got it cleared up... but I want her to have a chance to really heal... and see if there really is a problem with them too. Hopefully when she's a little older it'll be better.

Oh... another odd side note: I accidently introduced lime juice kinda.. it was in the hummus. I didn't think about it until after she ate... wasn't much of course, but w/ that and the peaches I was afraid she'd rash up again but completely cleared up instead. Jas thinks it might have been all the carrots she ate...

1 comments:

Mama Kalila said...

Blogger Dawn@Embracing the Ordinary Life said...

first...thank you for coming by my blog..I hope to see you again...

second...I would be sad too if I had to give up fruit...poor thing.

July 31, 2008 4:08 PM
Delete
Blogger Steph said...

Awww ... Poor Baby! I understand, b/c we have to be careful with the AMOUNT of fruit. Kairi gets a rash if she gets too much fruit, no matter what the type is.

August 1, 2008 9:31 AM
Delete
Blogger lemonologie said...

Oh no! Apples are such a great snack - that's a really tough one to have to give up!

August 4, 2008 12:09 PM
Delete
Blogger Mama Kalila said...

Dawn - thanks for visiting mine too. and so would I... fruit is a wonderful thing..

Steph - I hadn't thought abotu the amount... but the day after I wrote this, right after I read your comment I think lol, I put a tiny amount (a few drops really) of apple juice in a cup of water (way more watered down than normal) and she STILL rashed up. :-(

Lemonologie - I know.. hopefully she'll grow out of it.