Pages

25 July, 2008

Half Made Hummus and the Salt Free Trip

If today is any indication of this weekend... I'm in trouble.

It really started off last night. I got Kalila to bed and a few hours later I heard her crying. I figured she was hungry and went in there... but she wasn't standing up like normal. She was curled up on her tummy screaming and crying. So I picked her up and she didn't stop... was still curled in a ball. Finally a few minutes later (seemed much longer) she calmed down and woke up. It was awful. Thankfully she seemed ok when I put her back down... she did wake up a few more times last night (opposed to occasionally waking once).

So I woke up pretty tired to begin with... but excited about everything.

Jas took off to get a few groceries and work... and I got up and put the chickpeas on to boil. There were dishes left on the stove from Jas washing them yesterday so I went to move them... and one was stuck. I pulled and pulled... and pulled and pulled. Not moving. One of our nice new rubbermaid tubs melted to the burner. So we're out a container... and a burner. I started laughing and couldn't stop for the longest time. How....

Anyways, so I put them on another burner that I thought was clean... Thought being the key word. Something must have fallen underneath and hid from me (I'm actually thinking it was one of the chickpeas from the pan).. I looked over just in time to see it spark. Yes... We nearly had a fire.

So I move them agian, making sure this time that the nini was clean. Got that done. Whoo hoo. Time to finish the hummus....

I got the first batch through the blender... Thankfully I was doing it in porportion because the blender died just as I finished. Have I mentioned that I BOUGHT THE THING YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!!! Sorry, not happy. So I have hummus to take... just a third as much as I'd planned.

And as I sat to write this.. I realized - I FORGOT THE SALT.... AGAIN!!! Is ok, I can fix it at this point, but good grief what is it w/ me and the freaking salt. I love salt.. Salt is my friend. The more the better right? Apparently not...

Now I have two hours to get finished packed (because LOL we didn't have it done a week ago like planned, or a couple days ago like our second plan, or yesterday like our third plan) and make kibbe... and shower... and give Kalila a bath...

So I'm off...

5 comments:

susan said...

Whew! You got all the bad stuff that could happen over the weekend out of the way.

Now you can't help but have a wonderful weekend!

angie said...

OK, are chick peas the same as garbonza beans?

I appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog when I was featured on SITS. I look forward to many more visits. Off to read more.
P.S. YOu are so lucky you don't get bit by mosquitos!

Mama Kalila said...

Susan - Thanks! I sure hope so..

Angie - Yup.. same thing. & no problem.. I love reading blogs lol.

Mama Kalila said...

Oh and I do get bit.. just not very often lol. Very thankful for that though.. nasty little creatures

Christy said...

I hope you have a fabulous time this weekend. And I hope Kalila sleeps like a log tonight:)