Pages

20 July, 2008

Decisions Decisions

As Kalila gets older I find myself making less and less baby food and giving her more, I guess you could call it 'table' food. Puree's are out... except for using what we had left lol... and a few fruit ones that I mix into smoothies. I prob will puree chicken again just because it's easiest that way and still has texture she can pick up.

Anyways... My husband and I have talked about when to intro kibbe naye for months now, since before she was ready for solids even lol. He was thinking as soon as she was ready for beef... me being paranoid mama, I'm not sure. So today is the big day for beef... and yesterday I made kibbe naye for us. Thankfully Jas agreed (without me pushing it even) that we'd wait until we baked it today. So part of me is excited that her first taste of beef is baked kibbe... and part of me is still wondering when to introduce the other. We're having it again twice next week... the first time she'll be asleep and way past her meal times... but is luncheon Sunday at Church... I know Jas is excited for her to have it... and I am too... but she's still so little.

Decisions decisions...

1 comments:

Mama Kalila said...

Blogger Kelly said...

Hi there,
Thanks for stopping by... I see we have alot of the same interests, although you wouldn't be able to tell from what I put on my blog.
I know it is hard to decide about all the food for baby. I struggled with that a long time, as I nursed Jack until he was 2.
How did your babe take the beef?
Do you buy organic? I never heard of the stuff you called it..what is it?
Anyway, hope to talk again soon...
Namaste,
Kelly

July 20, 2008 9:20 PM
Delete
Blogger Mama Kalila said...

Understood, I made this one so I wouldn't put as much of it on my family blog lol.

She really liked it. Doesn't surprise me though because she loves to eat.

We buy some things organic... when we can afford to. Also depending on the item.. I refuse to get non-Organic apples for the baby...

Kibbe.. it's a Lebanese dish. I'm gonna add a link to here because it's easier than typing this all out lol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kibbeh

Thanks for stopping by here too :-)

July 20, 2008 9:26 PM
Delete
Blogger Kelly said...

oh my, that sounds so good! I bet the whole house smells awesome when your cooking that..with the spices and all. Yummy!

July 21, 2008 9:25 AM
Delete
Blogger Steph said...

I've never heard of Kibbeh before, but it sounds yummy! Alex is NOT a fan of beef, but still loves his chicken. And I only puree things that he has a hard time chewing up. For instance, I do his apples and chicken. Oh, and if I'm going somewhere to eat I'll puree some food and bring it along b/c that's easier than finding something to eat where we're at.

July 31, 2008 12:31 PM
Delete
Blogger Mama Kalila said...

We've been getting things for her when out.. it's usually just worked out alright that way. Cutting down on eating out though.

But yeah, apples would be pureed for awhile - but that's another post I'm about to work on lol.

Kalila seems to love beef (had briskt too) but is iffy on the chicken. She'll eat it... but sometimes I have to trick her into it.

July 31, 2008 12:59 PM
Delete