Pages

20 July, 2008

All Things Kibbe

Ok.. Not quite... but close enough!

So yesterday I made Kibbe Naye... first attempt... and I didn't butcher it too badly. I accidentally put half the salt the recipe called for though. Oops. I couldn't figure out what was off... Jason caught that it was the salt, so I was trying to figure out how much to put next time... and then later it hit me exactly what I did. Was ok though, pretty easy to fix!

On a slightly different subject (although I'll get back to Kibbe I promise) - I got a phone call from my mom this morning. She made it back to Florida, and will be back here in TX tomorrow. She had a good time on her cruise (of course lol) and is looking forward to seeing us next week. Apparently she got Kalila a little island dress.. I can't wait to see it! (Well, and her too of course)

I put a pic up yesterday of Kalila in one of the new diaper covers... Well, I managed to get a shot of the other one this morning too. This is her favourite one (mine is still the safari one of course). I don't know if it's the froggies she likes or the fact that it's blue and green.

Back on topic though ;-)

Today was the day scheduled for beef... Well, the latest day scheduled for it... I've had to rework intro days all over the place for one reason or another. I'd originally planned to... well, I'm not really sure how I planned to make it lol. I wasn't going to do ground beef, I remember that.

Anyways... since we had Kibbe Naye last night/this morning we decided to bake what was left and she could have some of that. Yes I got pictures lol.

What is this?


First taste...

Mmmm... Kibbe and bread... Lucky girl


Fishie Face!

Yeah..sorry most of the pics lately have all been food related lol. I really need to take more away from the high chair!

And now I need to go change a diaper... Silly me buttoned her top when I saw her start to take her diaper off instead of putting her on the potty.... and then she did her shiver... lol


6 comments:

Kelly said...

awww, your babe is just precious!
:)

Jill said...

Oh I just love Kibbe... and am in awe that you made it. I love to cook, but I don't dare try that. :)

Mama Kalila said...

Kelly - Thankyou :-)

Jill - Well...I had a bit of help. There's a meat market here that prepares the meat, so all I had to do was soak the wheat, prepare the onions and mix everything together...
Is one of my fav foods... and my husbands... so I was going to have to learn at some point, might as well be now lol.

Mrs. Who said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. Sounds like you are an adventurous cook!

Christy said...

I am really impressed that you schedule when new foods will be introduced. I always start out good, only introducing one new food per week, but then I go off the deep end and start giving them anything I am eating. Oops.

Mama Kalila said...

Mrs. Who - I guess... is partly just that I love to cook in general, and partly necessity in this case :-)

Christy - (I keep feeling like I'm mispelling your name because mine is diff lol) I kinda have too. Jas and I have some odd allergies (for instance I'm one of 1% in the world allergic to coconut) and being a paranoid first time mama lol I want to be sure I know what it is if she has a reaction. We started out once a week too, but now every 3 days or so - so twice a week. My rationalization is that she's older now lol... and when we hit a year I'm not gonna worry about it other than the things that Jas & I are personally allergic to, we'll hold off on those longer.