Pages

22 July, 2008

Accidental Theft Month?

Well, first off have to thank Cakerwakers again... Helped me figure out how to fix my header on here :-D I'm a bit sleep deprived, so prob could be better, but I like the pics so oh well.

A few funny stories to share though...

The other day I read Raising Pennsylvania's blog mentioned on the shoutout on AllMediocre... (You might want to take a detour at this point & read the post) Honestly I forgot all about it since I read I don't know how many blogs that day lol...

And then we went to WM yesterday... (Can you see where this is going?) We only meant to pick up two things - detergent and cat food. But somewhere along the way from one end of the store to the other Jason picked up a cd, a new release mind you (they had them for a really good price) not one of the ones thrown in a pile or anything, and tossed it in the basket. We finished up our shopping, checked out and got almost to the truck when I noticed something odd. Our bags were on one end of the cart. The cd was on the other end, tucked between the side and the diaper bag. So I asked Jason if we paid for it... He stopped, got a goofey look on his face, and said no. Sent me on w/ the baby and stuff to the truck and went back inside to pay for the cd. We have no clue how we made it out in the first place lol.

Backing up a day... Sunday night Kalila woke up and wanted to nurse. I'd been looking up some recipe online at the time, so I sat the comp down in front of me... you know, planning to get back to it. Well Kimosimi decided he needed to join us. He climbed up on me, over her... Thankfully didn't get in her face, but his head was going one way over my chest (up by my shoulder) and she was going the other way. My arms were pinned. So I was sitting there trying to figure out how to move him... and then he climbed down and sat on the computer. I left him there for a bit and then decided I wanted it back so I told him to move and scooted him off... As he did (under protest, he fought me on it) I noticed in the search engine on the screen "nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn000000000000000000000000000000" Yes.. my cat spoke to me.

Not to be outdone... Mumble has learned to make the potty go off. Not the real one (yet) but the baby one. I forgot to turn it off the other night and heard royal tunes... ALL NIGHT LONG

I should really get back to packing for this weekend... just wanted to share those before I forgot :-)


7 comments:

Christy said...

Your header looks fabulous. We have forgotten to pay for lots of stuff. I'll give Porgie a toy or a book to look at while we shop. Then I'll get out to the car and notice that she is still playing with it. Oops!

bekkah said...

TOO funny...here I was worried about a little'ole board book and you guys are swiping CDs!! ;)

I'm VERY happy to know that I'm not alone!

anymommy said...

This has happened to me many times as well. Once I walked out of a grocery store with a stolen case of coke and a huge bag of potatos under my cart.

Your daughter is so darling. Thanks for visiting today - I love meeting new bloggers, especially if they have any interest in adoption!

dani said...

I was thinking, I feel like I should be stealing... hhaaha!!!

I was just reading some of your blog and how you got the "elementary reading level." Mine was the same, even though I'm all about good grammar. I was distraught (Cute baby! So cute!).

Mama Kalila said...

Thanks everyone. I know it happens, but makes me feel better to know I'm not the only one either lol. I thought the timing was great though...

I've gotta keep myself off of here. Way too much to do!

Pigs in a Blanket said...

Cute pics! How funny about toilet. Wish we were that lucky!

Pigs in a Blanket said...

Cute pics! How funny about toilet. Wish we were that lucky!