Pages

01 June, 2008

A Little Too Cocky

I should know better really... I was so proud of myself for getting so much done yesterday. I even kept it up for part of today...

We got up and actually made it to Mass before it started. Had lunch w/ my FIL and BIL. Got home and it was time for Kalila's nap... put her down. She slept for an hour & half (two days in a row now!) and I managed to get a few more things done...


But then she woke up... and I realized that I made a stupid mistake.

Let me backtrack for a moment.

We use two kids of diapers.

Prefolds w/ a Cover




























or BumGenius Pockets

The PF's work really well becuase the cover keeps EVERYTHING in... no leaks EVER. Plus they're cheaper so always a plus lol. We just fold them one of several ways, put a snappi on and cover it w/ the cover. The PF's are really thick and soft so they absorb well too.

The Pockets have an opening that you stuff w/ an insert or two and then you put on like a Sposie... The insert is what holds the pee... One insert works during the day just fine provided you actually change the diaper lol... Two are needed for naps and bedtime. We like them becuase they are easy. Plus are much better for overnight in my opinion.

Anyways... my mistake.. I put her down w/ only one insert in a pocket diaper. Pee
everywhere... I got her up, changed (she was not happy about that) and fed.. I still needed to change her sheets, but I was doing laundry anyway of course so figure that wouldn't be an issue.

Well, apparently I'm not the only one to make that mistake lately. Jas took her out to lunch yesterday in one and didn't change her until she'd wet through the insert and all up her dress. That would make me feel better about it, but not really because now I get to hear about how bad cd's are all over again... And no amount of explaining is going to convince that this is not normally a problem w/ the pockets (never if we don't make stupid mistakes) and never w/ the PF's.

But I'm getting ahead of myself there... soon after I got her up and fed (can you say chicken, peas & carrots everywhere?) I get a phone call asking if I'd like to go to Babes w/ the baby to see Jas w/ his family. So I get her ready...

Had a great salad lol... Things were going well, other than a slightly fussy baby... until just before we left. It was already past her bedtime for one.. .and she was getting hungry agian. As soon as I pulled her blanket out to nurse her I get told that we're leaving so she can get to bed.

We get in the car... She starts screaming.... The closer we get to home the higher pitched it becomes. At one point she starts to sound like she's gonna lose her voice even. I felt awful and there was nothing I could do until we got here.

We get home... I start to feed her, she's still crying... She literally cried while nursing for over ten minutes. At first she'd pull off and start screaming and then get back on... Then she just cried while eating (but at least no screaming). Finally started to calm down enough for me to put her to bed...

AND THE BED REEKED OF PEE

So I had to lay her down, she's screaming at the top of her lungs agian at thsi point, strip the bed, put new sheets on.. I'm crying at this point.. Get it done, pick her up.. put her back on to nurse... and she's back to the screaming/crying/eating thing... Finally goes to sleep again... I waited a good while and then laid her down... and she starts crying.

At that point I walked out the door and turned on the vacuum... she quiets down just before I realize that my phone is in the diaper bag... in her room. So back in to get it.. Crying starts back up. Vacuuming agian... Finally sleep...

And to top it all I almost lost this whole thing.. if it weren't for autosave...

Now I still have to go make my bed (because I was doing sheets when we left) and am going to either get myself a drink or scrub a toilet or something... probably both.

6 comments:

L_Oman said...

Aww, bless your heart! I think it's great you cd your baby - I loved using them when my baby was...well, a baby! HA.

Look at it this way - you made it through all of that and I'm sure the sun was much shinier the next day for you! :)

Mama Kalila said...

Thanks! I love it too... and I swore I would never do it lol.

Unfortunatley it's the same day still lol... well kinda. I'm hoping tomorrow will be better. I talked to my husband though and that helped. If nothing else he made me laugh...

Susie of Arabia said...

CDs are so much better for the environment. If only more moms would realize that. And you can still have leaks with disposable diapers too. Sorry you had a bad day. Tomorrow will be better - I promise!

Mama Kalila said...

Honestly, we started for the cost lol.. is so much cheaper too! But the environmental thing is a real plus too.

And yeah... we used to have to change Kalila's clothing at least 4 times a day before we switched over because of the blowouts we had w/ disposables! All the smaller sized clothes are stained from it too...

Christy said...

Oh no! Don't feel too bad, these things happen to the best of us. Izzy actually pooped up his back the other day. I was so worried about cleaning him up, that I forgot to change his sheets. Well, you know the rest of the story (exactly what happened to you!).

Mama Kalila said...

Oh no! I remember what it was like to have poo do that.. used to happen all the time before we switched lol. I would have cried a lot longer/harder if it had been that instead of just pee. Was just the last straw type thing. I can laugh about it now though right lol.