Pages

28 June, 2008

Found it!!!

Losing the camera is not fun around here lol... But I finally found it so you'll see a few pics here.

Aww..I'm getting the sweetest baby kisses...

We went to Schlitterbaun (sp???) on Thursday.. I'll get back to the whole day thing in a min.. but anyways... We went w/ my MIL and her husband, stepson & some friends of his.


We went straight to the baby area when we got there & 2 min later I got stung by a bee. Have I mentioned that I'm allergic? Mildly thankfully... but still. I also haven't been stung since I was a kid so I had no idea how I would react now. I got lucky... First off I got the thing off of me fairly quickly. As soon as I felt it sting I pulled it off and started freaking out lol. I got to Jason (was sitting by our stuff... Kalila & I were in the water playing when it happened), passed off the baby & showed him. At that point my underarm (it got me right by my swimsuit strap) was blowing up like a balloon. The bit itself wasn't that bad, about the size of a mosquito, but the area below it was pretty bad looking. He told me to go get ice... so I did... and happened to get it at a bar area... where there was a guy smoking. Now I had heard of putting tobacco on bee stings but obviously never done it... and didn't expect the guy to offer it, but he did. Broke his cigarette in half as soon as he heard what happened. So I put it on there & held it for awhile, put ice too, let the polstice dry... and by the time it came off not only was it not hurting (that I expected) but swelling was down & you can't see where I was stung at all! I'm impressed...

Jas got in the water w/ Kalila for awhile while I was recovering... Finally she got wore out, ate & fell asleep on me... Which is when another lady there took these pics for us & sent them to me. So sweet...

We stayed in said baby area for most of the day... We did get to go on one ride... The wave pool... No lines so we got to go around and around for a bit while my MIL held the baby lol. It was fun though...

Thankfully we decided to get a snack after that while they went on the wave pool because by the time we went for our picnic thing... It was 4!!! Kalila & I got in the truck w/ ac at that point & the therm on there said it was 102 (and the truck was in the shade too). That's when we decided we should leave lol. It was after 5 before we did, but the two of us stayed "inside" the rest of the trip.

On the way back we ended up stopping to get me some shoes since we had to pass out by where I used to live... There's a store there that sells mocassins & I've been meaning to get some for ages. My last pair wore out... around 10 years ago lol. I've missed them greatly... my fav thing to wear. I found a pair that I love.. and have to share...


Today we ended up getting Kalila some shoes too. Unfortunately we can't find the ones she (and me too lol) wants but we found some jellies that are adorable. They're a little big on her... but she's growing out of her 2's so we figure they'll work... last a little longer right?


LOL - I just looked over & she had herself pulled up on the mirror..

I'm sure I had other things to say... but I can't remember honestly lol. OH... Kalila went to sleep w/out crying last night!!! & slept all night to boot. Of course I think she was still exausted really... We had such a big day Thurs... It took a lot out of all of us.

That's it... Thurs... I seemed to have missed a day this week. I remember Monday... Is when Kalila had egg yolk for the first time... I remember that. Tuesday... I could swear was the next day... but apparently not. I thought Tuesday was the day before our trip.. and that our trip was on Weds. But the trip was Thurs... So Tues is missing. Vanished. Gone. I have no clue where it went!!!! I seriously thought today was Friday. I look at the calendar every day.. Ihave too... both for NFP and for Kalila's menu's... Today is Friday & when she started mild cheddar cheese... but apparently Jason decided that today is Saturday (and consequently that I missed introing a food yesterday) and all the sudden all the calendars & phones & other people (aka Quinn) are saying that it's Saturday as well. I'm so stinking confused.

And on that note I'm getting off of here...

2 comments:

Christy said...

I love the jellies. I bought Porgie a pair of pink jellies, but they caused blisters on her ankles. So she has only wore them one time.

Lelo and Stitch said...

You are way too funny sometimes. RANDOM RANDOM RANDOM! I miss you. Nice shoes... both yours and Kalila's.