Pages

20 May, 2008

Go Man Utd!!!


So much has been going on that I though I'd share a little.. but where to start!


-

Kalila is pulling up! She's been doing it for a few weeks, but is doing it a lot more now. Earlier today she crawled over to me - I was sitting on the couch - and went from on her tummy to standing up holding on to my legs! I wish I'd gotten a pic, or better yet video, of it! I did get one of her on the chair the other day.. but is kinda hard to see w/ the lighting we had at the time. Hopefully I'll get a better one soon!

-

I had a dream about Betsy last night... Isn't quite a reoccuring dream, but I've had several along the same lines... the setting is always different but I know it's coming from the same place/reason/whatever.


This one we were in high school (oddly enough being back in hs is a reoccuring dream for me in and of itself) and I was helping her find a book... but we couldn't find it for anything. I kept looking at the clock thinking I was going to be late for my own class. Finally when I only had one minute left before the bell rang I begged off and Emily was there giving me dirty looks for not staying to help Betsy... I got to my locker and nothing was in there and I remembered I didn't have my schedule yet. So I went to the office to do that and got stuck there waiting.. .and the longer I did the more I wanted to go back & help Bets, but they wouldn't let me leave... and then news came that someone in the school was either in the hospital or the ambulance had come, something like that, and I got scared thinking it was Betsy and was all upset because I wasn't there.


Like I said, I'm pretty sure I know where this came from... is one dream that is pretty obvious. But why now?

-

Can I just say it's stinking hot here? I shouldn't complain though because I like hot weather lol.


-

We're starting on more & more finger foods... Today we did sauteed zucchini... Kalila seemed to love it. I keep seeing her try to pick stuff up during meals though and figured I should step it up on that...


-

Speaking of food... Peaches are the latest new food... Didn't seem to go over well, but we'll see. Plums are next - on Friday, and Cinammon early next week... What really gets me though.. her second new food next week, towards the end of the week of course, will be chicken! Meat already?!?! That's right... she'll be 8 months old...


-


Wow - all I can say is flying hula hoop...


-


Back to food... the reason I was thinking about all that... I sat here tonight, well during nap time and after Kalila went to bed lol, and put together menus up through the next couple months. Might sound a bit silly, but the weeks sneak up on you and if I don't have it set ahead of time... just doesn't get done. & since everything is new I can't just play it by ear either. I just wish I could do the same for me & Jason. I was trying for awhile (putting one together at the beginning of the week) but I've been really bad about it lately.

-


I want to add pictures... but they're all on the other comp. So I'm saving this and will post tomorrow w/ these lovely pics...
-

Ok this post is spanning two days lol. Jas attatched himself to the comp I needed & I didn't have a chance to work on this until later than I intended...

-

I'm watching the Man Utd game right now against Chelsea.. So excited! It's halftime right now.. tied 1-1... So far it has been an awesome game. & Kalila is in to it too... is so cute! She started yelling when she first saw Ronaldo lol... and then got hungry and nursed awhile sitting beside me facing the tv. Popped off to yell every time something happened lol. Even now I have a little football fan... Ok game is back on - gotta go!!!!

-

WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It went down to the freaking penalty shots, but we did it! Las & I ended up on the phone at the end freaking out together because it was so close lol. I love football...

-

*Edit to add* - I hate hissy fits. Was having such a great day until the past few minutes when I've had to deal with 3 or4 of them at the same freaking time! I can deal with Kalila's...

3 comments:

Christy said...

Finger foods are exciting! One of Porgie's first finger foods was toast cut into strips. She LOVED it, and it was a great option when we were on the go. We also started crackers at about 8 months. To this day, Porgie still gorges herself on flaxseed crackers.

Mama Kalila said...

Aww.. We haven't gotten to those yet. I have them on the menu sometime in the near future though lol.

Marni Tiani Self said...

Thanks for stopping by! It was great to 'see' you again!