Pages

20 April, 2008

Lazy Streams...

Ok, so I just wish I were being lazy lol! It has been a very very busy day. I don't remember (and honestly not looking back to see) if I mentioned it but I started moving bookshelves the other day. I got the first a couple days ago & it was miserable work. It was the heaviest of the two to start... and Kalila started screaming half way through me moving the thing & wouldn't stop. & of course w/ a handful of bookshelf bigger than I am I couldn't just put it down anywhere. So I got it situated & left the huge mess of books I'd had to unload just where they were. It was awful. This afternoon I got them picked up & slightly more organized lol... and then unloaded the second & moved it. Kalila was napping this time lol... but... Mumble decided to jump on the shelves & take a little ride! At least these were lighter... Well, long story short - my books aren't exactly where I want them... but they aren't thrown all over the place either lol. I'll settle for that for now. I can worry about putting them in order tomorrow... After the crib gets moved!
╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬
I do have to share a pic from today... We dressed Kalila in one of the outfits my mom sent her for Easter. Is so cute...
╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬
For those of you who don't know, I started a new blog! I'm really excited about it lol. Not abandoning this one by any stretch of the imagination. I like this blog. I get to share pictures & stories & what all is going on around here... but I like to talk about mommy (parent I suppose lol) stuff too & I don't want to bog this one down with that... I'm not sure how much sense that makes, but oh well! Anyone who's interested, it's linked on the side here.. the one called Non Hippy Hippy Mom - lol is a long story :-D
╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬
Slight rant while I'm on here... I'm not going to say a whole lot about it because I already went off on it in the other blog that I just mentioned, but still... I just found out that the bottles we'd been using, thinking they were safe - bpa free, are not! Grrr.
╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬
One more picture before I get off... I pulled out Timothy, one of my old dolls, yesterday to see what Kalila would do. She absolutely loves him. As you can see here lol...


7 comments:

Christy said...

I think the bottles are only harmful if they are heated. Before the study came out on baby bottles, I had been boiling Porgie's Avent bottles for MONTHS. Ugh.

Mama Kalila said...

Oh that stinks! Those are the expensive ones right? I've heard other moms complaining about that now.

I read the thing about heating them too, but also that they should only be washed in warm soapy water (not hot) and no dishwasher... Well, we never did the dishwasher anyway lol.. but we did sterolize them in boiling water like the box said... & I used the sterolizer machine on the smaller parts (like nipples) a few times too.

Like Jas said last night.. thankfully she's only used them a handful of times (if that). I guess we'll have to get new ones for our next kid... I just hate that we have too. I'm all about saving things to reuse.

Mama Kalila said...

I just realized I misread your comment lol.. I thought you meant heating up the liquid in them - silly me lol.

Sabrina said...

We're switching to glass on our next little one. This site has some great BPA free products. http://www.goodforthekids.com/store/Default.asp

She is adorable. I love that little outfit!

Mama Kalila said...

Thanks! I don't know if I want to do glass or not... Is so expensive & if it breaks... but def going to get bpa free.. Thankfully we won't need many anyway, just for when someone babysits & we don't do that very often. Besides I have time to figure that all out lol.

Susie of Arabia said...

What a cutie pie she is! She looks adorable in her Easter outfit.

Mama Kalila said...

Thanks Susie! I'd say if I'd known it would be that cute I'd have put it in her on Easter Sunday... but we didn't get it until a week later lol. My mom didn't send it in time... but that was a good thing because a mail truck crashed & burned right before & I think we lost a package from her Godmother in it.