Pages

14 April, 2008

I Hate My Birthday...

Seriously it always ends up sucking somehow... Btw - There's gonna be language in this post, so if you don't like it stop reading. Just a warning there.

Anyways - I've had it forgotten, several people insist that it's the day before it really is, I've had other people throw parties for themselves on it when I was a kid, had it on Good Friday - nothing like not being able to eat to make a wonderful birthday, a million other things... and today was no exception!

*After calming down lol... I have to be fair.. It's not always bad. There was the time I was "kidnapped" to IHOP lol... the 50's dance party... The year it fell on Holy Saturday & my mom ended up converting that night... I'm pretty sure last year was good too but I can't remember it lol. But yeah, I know people who've had much worse bdays (consistantly) than me... so I shouldn't complain... *

We're planning to go to the zoo... which I'm really looking forward to. It's gonna happen on Thursday (Jas' day off) which is fine, I have no issue with that... but today I'm home. Would have been perfectly fine except yesterday I made the stupid decision to comment on a blog that I occasionally read. Not a bad comment, just asking a question about something posted on there. But I get on tonight to see that a ton of people on there blasted me (and a couple others - another woman who brought up the same thing & some random person who was a little rude) We were called petty, extreme, etc... What the fuck?

I know I shouldn't let it get to me... but good grief... You know when something (that probably shouldn't) just colours your whole day. I'm sure it didn't help that I'm stuck here inside today.

On a brighter note: I did get a really cool early Bday present... Kalila said Mama yesterday! Was after Church at the fundraiser nini... I had her in the stroller & she wanted out & was all fussing & stuff & yelled it out at me. So cute! & yes I'm looking fwd to that trip to the zoo...

9 comments:

L_Oman said...

Mama K - don't be sad about the comments. I'm pretty sure which blog you're referring to and while you may have felt it was an attack (I would have probably felt the same way too), let it go, sweetie!

I've followed your blog and noticed your love of Zanzibar! My hub is Omani and some of his family lived there. I'd love to go - I hear that Pemba island is lovely too! Have you ever been?

And, by the way - (masha'allaah) you have a sweet baby girl. She's as cute as a button! I am sure you are so proud of her...

L_Oman said...

p.s. Happy Birthday (sorry - I should have said that first)!

Christy said...

Happy Birthday! I am sorry that it hasn't been going so great. I hope the trip to the zoo is wonderful!

Mama Kalila said...

I_oman - Thanks (for both bday wishes & comments on Kalila)! & I intend to let it go lol.. Was having a horrid day when it happened & I think it just hit me wrong. (although it still does seem like an attack, they can think whatever they want) I even got an email from the lady who wrote the post about it. Is no problem... I just wish it hadn't happened - esp yesterday.

& yes - I love Zanz! I'm hoping to convince my husband to go someday... he's not into Afrika like me, but since Zanz has so much of a Middle Eastern influence I think he'll like it. I have not been to Pemba... just didn't have a chance. I have been to one of the little islands, Prison Island I think. That was cool... but Stone Town is my favourite part.

Christy - Thanks. Is ok. It actually got worse after writing that lol... but ended up being a good thing if that makes any sense!

Molly said...

Happy birthday honey! I'm sorry it sucked :(

may next year be a million times better!

Mama Kalila said...

Thanks Molly!

Mama Kalila said...

Good grief! I'm still getting comments over there... even after the writer agreed that it was a harmless question - people are still going off!

Deep breath... I'm not responding I'm not lol

Mido said...

Happy birthday to you, Mama Kalila!

I see that you had some tough time having bad responses to your original comment.

I just wanted to tell you that it happened to me before (5 years back I guess) and I know it is a really bad feeling. Just get over it, after all it is just a comment.

With time you will learn how to get the content of something by your brain rather than your heart. It happens we take it personal sometimes.

Mama Kalila said...

Thanks! & believe me I already have... I think it was just the timing of when it happened that made it seem so bad. Is over now... I'll just be more careful where I comment now lol.