Pages

20 April, 2008

Baby Steps #1

No no no... This isn't going to be about my daughter walking! For one thing, she's no where near that stage yet lol. I've used an idea off of another blog I read (Cakerwakers, you can see it on my favourite blogs list) for my other one that I really like. She calls it a stream of conscious (wow did I really spell that correctly on first try?) & it works really well for me as random as I can be lol. Plus there are times that I have several things to talk about & it makes more sense than writing 8 small posts in one day lol. I couldn't think of any way to link streams to babies though so I'm calling them baby steps!
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
I had an "I feel like an idiot" moment last night... We bought a swimsuit for the baby a couple weeks ago & I was thinking about it & realized that there is no way I can take her (well, not the weather for it today anyway) until we get her a swim diaper! I looked at the cloth ones online & then talked to my husband to see which he'd rather do. He said he did not want to go w/ disposables (whoo hoo I didn't either lol) so I showed him what I found when he got home. We want to get a few, but decided to try one first & see how it goes lol. We're going with the Swimmi by Bummis... They had good reviews & look cute too! We ordered the baby seal one... Unfortunately they didn't have any swim diapers of any kind on the site I'd been ordering from, but I found Pinstripes & Polkadots - which looks like it's pretty good too... we'll see though!
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
There seems to be an explosion of babies lately. I love it!!! But it's made me start thinking about all the advice I got while pg (and before even) and stuff I've learned since then... I think I may write a post on that at some point soon.
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
You know some of the "mixtures" for baby food seem really strange... I looked on wholesome babyfood's for ideas & some made me shake my head, but when I've tried them on my daughter she really does like them. For instance I would not have thought of mixing butternut squash w/ sweet potatoes... or apples & avocado. Both huge hits! In a few days (after I make a new batch of green beans) I'm going to try the green bean/apple mixture.. She likes them both separate so I think it'll be ok... Of course I prob should look at things to mix w/ banana since she doesn't like it as much by itself lol.
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
Back to the baby explosion (I jump around I know) - I've been looking at peoples registries lately & I can't help but think back to the ones I had... and shake my head. Ok, granted - most people don't really look at (or use anyway) the registries... but still. If I had known we'd use CD's back then, life would have been so much easier... Or if I'd known which things weren't really worth it & such... But that's how we learn right?
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
Arrrg! I only thought I was done for today lol... I just found out that the baby bottles that I thought were safe (playtex vent air) are not. I remember hearing about the BPA thing while pg & I could have sworn I checked. Well, I just found out they have it... Which puts me in two awkward positions... First off, I don't want to hurt my baby. Thankfully we hardly ever used them... Just a few Sundays & grandparent visits pretty much... and now her dr has her starting a sippy (which I know for sure doesn't have it have triple checked this time lol) so no more bottles for her anyway. But still... Am I supposed to save bottles for our next kid that we know aren't safe? I don't want to throw away something we spent money on... but if it could hurt them... Plus - I saw them on my cousins baby registry. I don't know his wife that well, and don't know how they would feel about me saying something. But I know how hard it is to find that info out sometimes (obviously we ended up w/ the stuff too). Sorry, needed to get that out... Would def welcome suggestions though.

0 comments: