Pages

24 April, 2008

All Those Lovely Detergents...

When our daughter came along we decided to go ahead & get
Yes it's a bit more expensive, but he has sensitive skin & we were afraid she'd have it too. We wanted to baby her a little at first just to be safe lol. It turned out to be a good thing because just like in everything else, she takes after him in that too.

Unfortunately we can't use it for our diapers. It has softeners. I didn't have to worry though because our regular detergent
was on the safe list. Not quite as great as its scent free version (I've never seen it in the store, but would grab it instead if I could) but it works. We'd started getting it for the price (one of the cheapest & sometimes is the cheapest) & because it's Arm & Hammer - which works great. So when I found out I could use it for the diapers I was really happy.

Well yesterday we went to WM... and they didn't have it. Now they didn't have it the past couple times we went either, but we'd had some left... As of yesterday we're running low, very very low. So I looked around & found the best thing I could
and decided to see if I can use it on the diapers too. & I have no idea... It's right in the middle, not on the "do not use" list, but it does have brighteners & scent (although both natural). Someone suggested I could just strip them periodically to be sure... but... I don't know.

Any thoughts?

1 comments:

Mama Kalila said...

Blogger Steph said...

I would use it, but try it on just a few diapers at first and watch her closely. If after a day's worth of diapers w/ it there's no problem, then I'd use it.

I usually add either a tiny bit of bleach (although I prefer to not) or oxyclean when I need to strip them. It keeps the smell out, keeps them white, and have not bothered Kairi. But I do know babies that it's bothered, so I'd once again just test a couple on her if that's what you plan on doing.

April 25, 2008 8:31 AM
Delete
Blogger Mama Kalila said...

Thanks, I think I'll do that after I run out of what little I have left of the old lol. I found out (finally) how to strip the diapers so if I need to I can do that...

Personally I'm not doing bleach (although I've heard of others doing it too) becuase I got the unbleached ones to begin with lol. I'm gonna do it w/ dawn & vinegar - we'll see how it works.

April 29, 2008 9:46 PM