Pages

03 February, 2008

Shaken...

Yes, I know the pun is bad... but it's late & I'm tired.

This morning I was getting ready for Church when my mom called. Jas & I joked about knowing it was her... and then that we were right... Which is fine of course. I'm glad to be hearing from her. But the first thing she asked was what country Amy is in.

Now we all know that crap is going on in Kenya. Mom's been ill so I figured - she's heard about that & freaking out that Amy's in danger. No...

There was an earthquake in Rwanda today! (well yesterday now tech.) She'd heard that 30 people died & more injured. It was just far enough away from where she is (the capital, Kigali) that when I got online & found that out I wasn't quite as worried anymore... But still...

However, I've talked to her since then... just for a second literally lol. She said hi & then had a meeting... So I don't know details of what she felt (news say they did get "rumbles") or if anything.

To be honest it kind of scared me. One of my best friends... We aren't going through that again! So I'm glad to say that it seems like everything is alright. I'll be happier when I can say that 100% lol.

1 comments:

Christy said...

That is scary! I am so glad she called to say she was okay.