Pages

27 February, 2008

I Just Can't Do It...
Big Thanks
So Cute
We Caught It Early
Who Likes Green Beans?
Random & Unplanned
I Only Thought I Was Done...

I Just Can't Do It!

I wanted to write a blog - A blog. Not a stream thingie... Just one blog. With a title. That's it. Why can't that happen? I have about 5 (ok, so guessing off the top of my head I'm not really sure of the number... will know by the end of this though) in my head - all with titles & everything! So here we go...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Big Thanks

We have a wonderful family. I'm not going into a bunch of details (don't worry no long blog today) but still... We have a wonderful family. They have helped us in so many ways... all unexpectedly. Just was reminded of that fact this week... I hope they know how much we love them too.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So Cute!!

So the other day I was talking to Jas & looked over to see this...

Yup, Mumble jumped in the stroller basket. We'd had the thing set up from a trip we took a few days before & just hadn't put it away yet... Now I'm glad we didn't! So after seeing Mumble looking so cute in there... I just had too.

We hadn't set her in there like this before, usually use the carseat locked into it. But she loved it! We got a few more shots of them together... and now I'm using it this way, not when we go out w/ her, but inside to replace the bouncer until we find something to really replace it. (yeah, she's outgrown the bouncer.... seriously outgrown it lol)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We Caught It Early...

Yup... Kalila's sick. Long story short... I got sick & thought it was allergies. It felt like allergies. But last Saturday (I think that's when it was...) we both started coughing. I felt horrible about it. Well, she started to get better & then yesterday it was back...

Well, just after her dinner she started screaming. I couldn't figure out why. She wouldn't stop, even with me holding her... and that usually calms her down pretty quickly. Finally after a few min of it she fell asleep on my chest. So I was holding her & all the sudden I noticed that she was purring. Yes, like a cat. Scared the khara out of me. So I called Las (one of my cousins) & asked her about it. She showed me how to check to see if it'd moved into her chest. & yes it felt like vibrating when she breathed. So I made an appointment for today... and ran the shower to get some steam for her (no humidifier, but we're looking into getting one.. so far the shower has worked great though) & tried to get her to cough it out. When she woke up was in a great mood...

Today, still happy as can be... no more purring either. We took her in &... GOOD NEWS... Chest is clear! Bad news... She has an ear infection in her right ear. But we caught it early, so shouldn't be that bad. She's on antibiotics now.. Like I said though, has been in a good mood all day... Here's a shot I got earlier...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Who Likes Green Beans?

Kalila does!!! No, I'm not going to bore you with details about me cooking this time... but I do have to share a few shots of her trying them... Just adorable... She took right to them... Even tried to take the bowl from me!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Random & Unplanned

So what else has happened here that I just have to share? Lets see... Kalila tried her first sippy cup.. We wanted to wait until she's sitting on her own, and she's starting to do that! Not for very long... made it to half a minute today lol. But still... I wanted to see what she'd do with it... and she would not let me take it from her lol. She can't really get much from it, chews on it more than anything, likes to fling it around, etc... But it's cute!
She's also decided that she loves Mumble.. Is so cute. This morning Kalila was laughing at her! Of course, a few days ago she kicked the khara out of Mumble too. (Mumble had laid at her feet... I know from experience how hard those kicks are... & poor Mumble just laid there & took it until I picked her up & moved her) We still make sure & keep them away from each other unless we are right next to them (and then watch carefully) but now it's more out of fear of Kalila hurting Mumble than the other way around!

I got to talk to Amy the other day too! Just the day before I was thinking about how much I missed talking to her... just isnt the same online. & then another friend of ours gave me her number.. apparently she has one that's a Lubbock number (charges as if calling there) but rings at her place in Rwanda! We had a really nice talk... I can't believe it's been a year since she moved there...

& I think that's where I'm going to end this... I'm tired & Kalila just went to bed. Besides, I feel the need to find chocolate...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I Only Thought I Was Done...

I think the title explains quite a bit... I feel SO STUPID right now. Doing laundry as always... Had to do the blues again... and I checked the pockets. I remember... I pulled two pens out of Jas jeans & a pocket full of change too. So a sec ago I'm switching everything to the dryer & find a shredded business card. Slightly confused - Not sure how that got in there... & then I see it...

I washed his wallet! HIS ENTIRE WALLET. I don't know how I missed it... Like I said... checked the pockets... Other than everything being very wet doesn't look like anything was really ruined... and all the important things are waterproof anyway lol. But still.. how stupid can I be?

I think it's time to get to sleep... end this day lol. & I'm sure you're ready for the end of this blog too.. so here it is!




3 comments:

Christy said...

The stream of conscious thing is fun. I enjoy reading it.

I think starting the sippy cup early is a great idea. We started giving Porgie a cup around 6 months of age. By 9 or 10 months of age, she could drink really well from it.

If your little girl is too big for her bouncer, try an exersaucer. Porgie LOVED hers. It was a Baby Einstein one. Best $70 dollars I ever spent. You could probably find one even cheaper on Craig's List.

Mama Kalila said...

Yeah, I don't want her to get attatched to a bottle lol.

I looked into the exersaucer.. but I saw a lot of neg reviews about kids getting hurt. There's another one that's supposed to be safer - we just can't find it!

Steph said...

I loved the exersaucer, but I also adored Kairi's Jumperoo. She had a blast in it and would be entertained for much longer periods of time than she ever was in her bouncer.